ToolJet is an open-source low-code framework to build and deploy custom internal tools. ToolJet can connect to your data sources such as databases ( PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MS SQL Server, Snowflake, , BigQuery, etc ), API/GraphQL endpoints, SaaS tools ( Airtable, Stripe, Google Sheets, etc ) and cloud object storage services ( AWS S3, Google Cloud Storage and Minio ). Once the data sources are connected, ToolJet can run queries on these data sources to fetch and update data. The data fetched from data sources can be visualised and modified using the UI widgets such as tables, charts, forms, etc.
How ToolJet works
ToolJet has just 3 fundamental principles for building apps:
- Connect to data sources: Connect to your existing data sources such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Firestore, Stripe, Google Sheets, API endpoints, etc.
- Customise widgets: Widgets are the UI components that can be edited using ToolJet's visual app builder ( Eg: tables, charts, forms, etc ). Widgets have events such as
on row selected,
on page changed, etc. Every UI widget has a dark version.
ToolJet binds together the data sources, queries and widgets to convert business logic into custom applications.
These resources will help you quickly build and deploy apps using ToolJet:
- Basic Tutorial - Learn how to build simple UI and connect to data sources.
- Deploy - Learn how to deploy ToolJet on Heroku, Kubernetes, etc
The references for data sources and widgets:
- Build a GitHub star history tracker
- Build an AWS S3 file explorer app
- Build a WhatsApp CRM
- Build a cryptocurrency dashboard
- Build a Redis GUI
- Build a coupon code manager app
Help and Support
- We have extensively documented the features of ToolJet, but in case you are stuck, please feel free to e-mail us at [email protected]
- If you are using ToolJet cloud, click on the chat icon at the bottom-left corner for instant help.
- If you have found a bug, please create a GitHub issue for the same.
- Feel free to join our highly active Slack Community.